Innovation, discovery, exploration – and strong business value – are all on the menu, and every year that menu evolves to reflect a rapidly developing global marketplace with new players, new technologies and new trends.
Here are just some of the new activities, speakers and exhibitors, attendees to IMEX America this year can discover…
• Business continues to be at the core of the show with new exhibitors including Choice Hotels International, Destination Cleveland, Israel, Leonardo Hotels, Los Cabos, RIU Hotels & Resorts, Tourism Trinidad, Uber for Business and Wilmington & Beaches offering planners even more opportunities to do business.
• The new Discovery Zone is the hub of all things experiential – look out for multi-sensory digital displays, mystery tattoos, digital graffiti walls, AR, interactive photo booths and the Hyatt Meditation Station.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
• Diversity continues to top the global agenda and She Means Business – a new joint event by IMEX and tw magazine, supported by MPI – will explore this in detail with a stellar line-up including keynote speaker Dr. Mara Catherine Harvey, UBS Switzerland AG; Vicki Hawarden, Society for Human Resource Management; and Melissa Ow, Singapore Tourism Board.
• If there’s one industry that’s ever-evolving, it’s technology. IMEX America’s Tech Pavilion reflects this, with a full complement of exhibitors, many of them new to the show. Expect the latest in gamification, apps, AR and cyber security.
• Smart Monday, powered by MPI, continues to be… smart! More than 30 concurrent education sessions cover hot topics for event planners, including a session on ‘unlocking the DNA code of leadership’ and the chance to study for the Event Design Certificate and join EventMB.com’s highly regarded Event Innovation Lab™. For a truly immersive – and dramatic – learning experience, join InsideRisk’s session – What kind of leader are you under maximum pressure?, the session fosters critical thinking and trust building. There’s also a keynote from a boundary-pushing comedian and dedicated education for event planners working in associations and corporate organizations.
IMEX America takes place September 10 – 12, 2019, with Smart Monday, powered by MPI on September 9. Registration for the show is free of charge and open to all who work in the meetings, events and incentive travel industry.