Ayra Starr will perform at Liquid Gold Feast, the red carpet finale of the Barbados Food and Rum Festival, which takes place on Sunday, October 22. She will perform alongside other top local acts for an unforgettable musical and cultural display to end the Festival in style.
Director of Public Relations and Communications for the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI), Aprille Thomas, said that the inclusion of an international star performer was a strategic move to elevate the 12-year-old Festival. “Ayra Starr is one of afrobeats’ leading stars and having her add the Barbados Food and Rum Festival to her World Tour, signals to the world that Barbados is operating at a high standard. We are already known as the culinary capital of the Caribbean and the birthplace of rum, and now we are focusing on taking it a step further, by infusing top international musical influences with our own local and regional talent.”
Thomas added that the Festival weekend promises good food, rum and vibes with a range of activities for every appetite. The full schedule of activities from October 19-22 includes seven signature events:
1. Oistins Under the Stars (Thursday, October 19th)– A fish fry which fuses Bajan cuisine and local entertainment.
2. Chef Classics (Friday, October 20th) – Intimate cooking demos with world-renowned chefs Anne Burrell of the USA, Shelina Permalloo of the UK and Juan Diego Vanegas of Colombia.
3. Rum Route (Friday, October 20th) – A unique experience to learn more about Barbados’ rum heritage in a moving party bus.
4. Rise & Rum: Breakfast Party (Saturday, October 21st) – The premium all-inclusive breakfast sunrise beach party.
5. Bajan Fair (Saturday, October 21st) – A new family-friendly event filled with non-stop fun and laughter.
6. Junior Chef Cook-Off Competition (Saturday, October 21st) – The most anticipated culinary showdown of top local aspiring chefs ages 16-21.
7. Liquid Gold Feast (Sunday, October 22nd ) – An ultra-premium all-inclusive gala featuring the best local and international entertainment, delectable food and exquisite cocktails.
Liquid Gold Feast featuring Ayra Starr
Apart from the vocal stylings of Ayra Starr, patrons at Liquid Gold Feast will enjoy the delights of six award-winning Barbadian chefs and five mixologists who will serve up a sumptuous feast of a variety of local dishes paired with delicious rum cocktails.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
Tickets for the Barbados Food and Rum Festival are available at www.foodandrum.com
The island of Barbados is a Caribbean gem rich in cultural, heritage, sporting, culinary and eco experiences. It is surrounded by idyllic white sand beaches and is the only coral island in the Caribbean. With over 400 restaurants and eateries, Barbados is the Culinary Capital of the Caribbean.
The island is also known as the birthplace of rum, commercially producing and bottling the finest blends since the 1700s. In fact, many can experience the island’s historic rums at the annual Barbados Food and Rum Festival. The island also hosts events like the annual Crop Over Festival, where A-lists celebrities like our very own Rihanna are often spotted, and the annual Run Barbados Marathon, the largest marathon in the Caribbean. As the motorsport island, it is home to the leading circuit-racing facility in the English-speaking Caribbean. Known as a sustainable destination, Barbados was named one of the world’s Top Nature Destinations in 2022 by the Traveler’s Choice Awards.
Director, Communications and Public Relations
Email: [email protected]