Traveling for the holiday season? Now’s enough time to book
OKLAHOMA CITY – There’s no accepted place like home for the holiday season, or there&rsquo maybe; s no accepted place just like the Bahamas for the holiday season. Either way, you need to now start planning your travel.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
We are 32 days from Thanksgiving and 65 days from Christmas away.
“The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will be the busiest long-distance travel periods of the entire year and now may be the optimal time and energy to look for the very best flights and prices,” says Leslie Gamble, AAA Oklahoma spokesperson. “Day demand for holiday flights and seats on airlines increase with each passing. A expressed word to the wise, when you look for a good fare, prepare yourself to get it.”
Here certainly are a few tips:
- October = most travelers book Thanksgiving travel; best time and energy to book cheapest Christmas air travel
- Monday before Thanksgiving = most affordable day to fly ahead of holiday
- Those booking Thanksgiving flights now will typically pay significantly less than should they booked it earlier (come early july).
- The, and travelers shall pay the best average price per ticket, $509 and $507 respectively.
- Save more and skip the airport crowds by traveling on Thanksgiving Day. The morning of the vacation and arrive just with time for Thanksgiving dinner for cheaper fares fly. The common per ticket booked has been $446.
- Christmas travelers can save typically $100 per ticket by booking prior to the end of October.
tuesday and Wednesday preceding Thanksgiving will be the hottest travel days
Booking holiday travel beforehand has its cons and pros. Travelers who booked flights on the summer (between July 25 and September 22) likely paid a little more, however they have the very best chance of making certain their preferred flights can be found, for the busy travel days around Thanksgiving especially.
Last year, weekend nearly 4 million Americans took to the skies for the Thanksgiving holiday, a 5.5 percent increase over 2016, in accordance with AAA.
A, Thanksgiving travelers flying with their destinations paid the cheapest average ($157) in five years for a round-trip flight for the most notable 40 domestic routes.
Click here to post your own story!