French Riviera, a destination that is full of adventures and historical values has become popular among tourists from all over the world. From the Cannes to Monaco every part of this spectacular coastline is worth a visit. And a driving tour makes it easier to cover the entire French Riviera in about 5 to 6 days.
Coming to France and not exploring the French Riviera is a big loss! Are you planning a trip to France then make sure you go for a French Riviera driving tour to explore the best of this sensational beauty and alluring glamour!
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
A Brief History of French Riviera
French Riviera is the beautiful stretch of coastline stretching in the southeast coast of France, running from its Italian border westward to the town of Cassis bordered by the Mediterranean Sea. Since 1800s French Riviera has been a premier vacation destination. The name French Riviera in English is derived by using the Italian word Riviera meaning coast, but is commonly known as the Côte d’Azur. The French Riviera coastline was one of the first modern resort areas which was later in the late 18th century became a winter health resort for the British upper class. And in the mid of 19th century with the arrival of railway it became a playground and vacation destination for British, Russian and other aristocrats. In the first half of the 20th century it became the haven for artists and writers including Picasso, Matisse, Edith Wharton, and Aldous Huxley along with the wealthy Americans and Europeans. It became popular among the tourists after the World War II.
Interesting facts about the Mesmerizing French Riviera
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
- French Riviera, a beautiful coastline in the Southern part of France along the Mediterranean Sea covers almost about 550 miles.
- Besides the spectacular beaches, crystal clear water, picturesque views and yachts French Riviera is also known for various charming towns and villages as well as its unmatchable art and culture.
- As it is situated where the Alps meet the Mediterranean, year round the climate is mild to warm. And the winter coastal temperature ranges from 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit during the day.
- The population of French Riviera is over two million.
- Nice is the largest city in French Riviera and is the home to the third busiest airport of France i.e. Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
- After the Vatican in the Rome, Monaco is the second smallest city in the world with world’s highest per capita GDP is situated in the French Riviera. Monaco is one of the most densely populated states in the world and is ruled by the Grimaldi family and home to world famous casinos. Also the city hosts the yearly Monaco Grand Prix.
- Grasse which is considered as the capital of perfume industry since the Renaissance period is a short drive from Cannes.
- French Riviera is also the home to Cannes that is famous for the Cannes Film Festival, one of the most prestigious and oldest film festivals in the world.
French Riviera Driving Itinerary by Riviera Driving Tours
As already mentioned driving across the coastline is the best way to explore French Riviera, so Riviera Driving Tourshas designed a French Riviera driving itinerary to make your planning a bit easier! Although there is a lot to see and enjoy during the drive but with the 5 nights/ 6 days driving tour plan by Riviera Driving Tours you can cover almost every aspect of this beautiful and historical destination efficiently.
This article is written by Riviera Driving Tours, designing French Riviera driving itinerary as per your convenience and choice of vehicle. To know more visit http://www.rivieradrivingtours.com/bio
Click here to post your release