Business News first on FIR:
VIENNA, Va.–()–The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) has announced that this year’s annual Strength IN Numbers® Fleet Safety Benchmark Conference will take place in a virtual environment given the current pandemic situation. The event will take place October 13-15, 2020.
NETS annual conference is an opportunity to share road safety case studies, new research, and emerging issues with employer road safety peers. Conference participants include companies from diverse industries, representing a collective global fleet of more than half-a-million vehicles that travel nearly 11 billion miles annually.
This year’s conference agenda and topic selection will include an impressive lineup of keynote speakers and presenters who will share insights on road safety issues that affect our safety and wellness both behind the wheel as well as in our daily lives. Speakers will include fellow NETS members, road safety advocates, and NETS Sponsor partners who will take the virtual podium to share real-world and real-time road safety perspectives.
In addition to the conference presentations, all conference participants and NETS members are invited to join Sector meeting breakout sessions the week following the conference focusing on road safety perspectives relevant to all employer fleets from Agriculture, Heavy Goods Vehicles, Insurance, and Utility sector companies.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to engage directly with NETS sponsors who will host virtual exhibit booths for the duration of the event.
Keynote presenters include:
- Mehmet C. Oz M.D., Attending Physician at NY Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center, Author, Journalist, and TV Personality: Road Safety Health and Wellness in Today’s Challenging Environment- Driver wellness and the impact on driver safety in the COVID-19 environment.
- Sergio Rojas, Holistic Health Coach, Functional Movement Specialist and Certified Nutrition Specialist: Case Study: Better Fleet Safety Performance by Creating a Culture of Self-Care- How a culture of “self-care” impacts road safety, and understanding key principles of “self-care”.
- Paul Atchley, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, University of South Florida: The Economics of (In)attention: Navigating the Distractions of Technology in a Fleet Safety Environment- The addictive power of information and how technology impacts your fleet.
- Nir Eyal, Bestselling Author and Investor: Indistractable: How To Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life- Staying focused in a competitive environment and leveraging technology to advance road safety both on- and off-the-job.
- Jennifer Homendy, Board Member, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB): Road Safety Updates and Perspectives from the NTSB- Pre-and post-COVID-19 shutdown road safety impacts and other current road safety issues.
To review the agenda and full speaker lineup, visit https://trafficsafety.org/conference/2020-strength-in-numbers-annual-conference/
To register for the conference, visit http://www.cvent.com/events/nets-virtual-strength-in-numbers-fleet-safety-benchmark-conference/event-summary-ffde16ea790143b89b794de58e2722a6.aspx
NETS is a 501(c)3 public/private partnership organization with a dedicated group of employer road safety professionals whose objective is to advance road safety for employees, their family members and members of the communities where they live and work. Members collaborate to improve road safety and reduce losses through fleet safety benchmarking and sharing proven, best practice approaches. NETS membership includes global traffic safety leaders across private industry and government, whose fleets range from fewer than 100 vehicles to those with more than 50,000.
NETS is a member of the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration, which provides guidance to the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011 – 2020 global initiative. For more information on NETS, visit www.trafficsafety.org.
Read the full article click here
Post your press-release (free) click here.