NEW YORK, March 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — PMC, owner of 20 media brands that include Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, Deadline, and Robb Report, today announced the acquisition of SheKnows Media, a leading women’s lifestyle digital media company with 79 million unique visitors per month (comScore, Jan 2018) and whose owned and operated brands include SheKnows.com, BlogHer, StyleCaster and HelloFlo.
SheKnows President and CRO Samantha Skey and SheKnows CEO Philippe Guelton, January 2018.
“We are thrilled to join PMC to accomplish our goal of building out the SheKnows brands and further engaging our more than 300 million social followers,” said SheKnows Media CEO Philippe Guelton. “We view PMC as the best home for our brands and our audiences for decades to come.”
In conjunction with its highly profitable BlogHer events, the SheKnows network of influencers and content creators is known for amplifying voices of some of today’s most influential women. With strong growth in both reach and impact, bringing SheKnows to PMC will create a formidable and compelling alliance in entertainment, fashion, lifestyle and women’s issues. The acquisition further compliments PMC’s continued expansion strategy, which over the past five years has included the acquisition of Variety, Fairchild Media, IndieWire, Robb Report and, most recently, Rolling Stone.
“Bringing SheKnows to PMC will enable us to deepen our service to our broad and loyal audiences, including women entrepreneurs and content creators, while solidifying our dominance of the women’s interests vertical,” said SheKnows Media President Samantha Skey. “PMC’s innovation in content and events along with its digital savvy make it ideal for bringing forth synergies and significant long-term scale across both companies.”
PMC, founded in 2004, is a leading digital media and information services company with significant experience in the entertainment, technology, fashion, retail and luxury media segments. Currently owning and operating industry-leading brands that include Rolling Stone, Variety, WWD, Robb Report, Deadline, Beauty Inc, FN, IndieWire, HollywoodLife, BGR, and other leading properties, PMC’s digital media expertise and complementary portfolio are expected to accelerate SheKnows’ trajectory and long-term success.
- Philippe Guelton will continue in his current role as SheKnows Media’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Samantha Skey will continue in her current role of President and Chief Revenue Officer.
- SheKnows brings to PMC a leading lifestyle and women’s interests digital media platform that is a top 5 comScore for Lifestyle, scaling PMC’s reach and diversifying PMC’s offerings by deepening its dominance of the women’s interests vertical.
- SheKnows Media’s thriving BlogHer events business will compliment PMC’s industry-leading expertise in live events.
- This acquisition allows PMC to diversify its revenue across the consumer packaged goods, healthcare, and food and beverage verticals.
- SheKnows employees will remain in their current New York offices until integrated into PMC’s corporate NY headquarters in late 2018, while new office space in Scottsdale is expected within 6 to 8 months.
- The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- SheKnows was represented by Ballard Spahr LLP and Houlihan Lokey acted as exclusive sell-side advisor to SheKnows.
- PMC was represented by Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP.
PMC is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 210 million and empowers more than 1 million global business leaders and CEOs with actionable market information and business intelligence. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment, luxury and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
About SheKnows Media
SheKnows Media is a top women’s lifestyle digital media company with 79 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and more than 300 million social media fans and followers. The company operates a family of leading media properties that include SheKnows.com, BlogHer.com, StyleCaster.com and HelloFlo.com. With a mission of women inspiring women, SheKnows Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
SheKnows Media is based in New York and Scottsdale, Ariz., with offices in Los Angeles and Chicago. We also operate internationally in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pmc-announces-acquisition-of-sheknows-media-300609382.html
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here