“It is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart,” said Kansas City Chiefs running back Charcandrick West. “I was once a Shriners Hospitals kid. They saved my life and I am forever grateful for all they do to help children. I want to bring awareness to children who have special health needs and the amazing and exceptional care provided at Shriners Hospitals for Children.”
Participating players will reveal their cleat designs via social media on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 during a league-wide “Unboxing Day.” The custom-designed cleats will be worn during various games during Week 13 of the regular NFL season.
Players supporting Shriners Hospitals for Children:
- Ryan Allen, New England Patriots (Patriots at Bills – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST CBS)
- Tyus Bowser, Baltimore Ravens (Lions at Ravens – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST FOX)
- Anthony Chickillo, Pittsburgh Steelers (Steelers at Bengals – Monday, 12/4 at 8:30 p.m. EST ESPN)
- Alan Cross, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Buccaneers at Packers – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST FOX)
- Bud Dupree, Pittsburgh Steelers (Steelers at Bengals – Monday, 12/4 at 8:30 p.m. EST ESPN)
- Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams (Rams at Cardinals – Sunday, 12/3 at 4:25 p.m. EST FOX)
- Charcandrick West, Kansas City Chiefs (Chiefs at Jets – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST CBS)
- Leonard Wester, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Buccaneers at Packers – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST FOX)
- Anthony Zettel, Detroit Lions (Lions at Ravens – Sunday, 12/3 at 1 p.m. EST FOX)
Following the games, players will autograph their cleats for auction at nflauction.nfl.com. Proceeds will benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children.
“My Cause My Cleats is an exciting and creative initiative,” said Gary Bergenske, chairman of the Board of Directors for Shriners Hospitals for Children. “We are proud to be included and grateful to all the players who support our mission to provide the highest quality health care to children in a compassionate and family-centered environment.”
About Shriners Hospitals for Children
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 22 locations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, provide advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate. Learn more at shrinershospitalsforchildren.org.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Contact: Meredith Resnick
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nfl-players-choose-shriners-hospitals-for-children-for-2017-my-cause-my-cleats-campaign-300560953.html
SOURCE Shriners Hospitals for Children
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here