Travel & Tourism Industry release:
“This pilot-designed and pilot-approved technology simplifies flight planning and provides access to important flight information anytime,” said Kiah Erlich, director, Flight Services, Honeywell Aerospace, and a pilot herself. “With real-time information made possible by in-flight connectivity, pilots using GoDirect Flight Bag Pro on a Connected Aircraft can stay informed of the best routes and weather conditions to get to their destinations safely and on time.”
GoDirect Flight Bag Pro’s simple, intuitive interface works on both domestic and international flights. For access to the app, pilots only need an annual subscription to GoDirect Flight Services and an active Honeywell account.
“I just ran my first flight plan and it’s a huge improvement over the last app,” said Justin Stimpson, a captain and aviation safety officer at RJL Aviation, which was a beta trial customer of Flight Bag Pro. “Now I can make adjustments to the flight plan with fewer steps after it’s been filed, and it makes for a better operational experience with the constantly changing schedules that can be associated with corporate aviation.”
Flight Bag Pro, available to GoDirect Flight Services customers, is part of Honeywell’s GoDirect family — the industry’s most complete portfolio of more than 50 value-adding aviation services and applications that provide operators, flight crews and maintenance teams with critical information to control their services and network. Honeywell has a broad range of flight planning services, including GoDirect Flight Sentinel, which helps bring those apps and services together by serving as a flight department’s premier partner, providing a range of proactive services that enhance safety and save time and money, all while improving flight efficiency
Top Pilot Benefits of GoDirect Flight Bag Pro:
- Flight Plan Overview: To view an upcoming flight route, pilots can type in or paste a route from a website, email or text message into the app. Pilots can also view frequently cleared and optimized routes for best aircraft performance. With in-flight connectivity, pilots can even make adjustments while in the air.
- Flight Bag Pro Performance Calculator: Calculate multiple cruise modes and determine the most efficient flight by comparing speed, flight level, time, fuel, cost of the trip and more.
- Trip Kit: Package all of the trip documents into a Trip Kit to view during flight. Access the latest weather information for your destination such as icing, winds and temperature, even prior to takeoff.
- Flight Schedule Updates: Pilots can receive real-time updates to flight schedules when information is released from air traffic control with a pre-departure clearance, when filing status changes, or when weather conditions change.
To learn more about Honeywell’s GoDirect Flight Services, visit Honeywell’s website for GoDirect Flight Planning and GoDirect Flight Bag Pro information. We also welcome you to join Honeywell at the National Business Aviation Association show in Las Vegas Oct. 10-12. We will demo apps and answer questions in booth #N5100.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com/newsroom) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Click here to read the full release with contact information on PR Newswire. Some releases are not in English.
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here
Comments are closed here.