GREEN MONDAY DEALS FROM RAIL EUROPE
Help the environment and save big with December deals
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Dec. 7, 2018 – Travelers opting for a more environmentally friendly mode of transport can celebrate the biggest online shopping day in December by keeping more “green” in their pocket with discounts from Rail Europe, the largest distributor of European rail products in North America. Consumers have a choice of two money-saving deals starting on Dec. 10, 2018.
“Saving money is something any traveler appreciates,” says Zine Belhonchet, Chief Executive Officer, Rail Europe North America Inc. “Also clear is that today’s travelers are thinking about what they can do to be eco-friendly. Rail travel offers an option that makes sense for the environment and for travelers’ budgets.”
The first 70 customers to purchase a $500 Rail Europe Gift Card starting on Green Monday, Dec. 10 and through Dec. 14, 2018, will get $75 added to the card for free. A discount of $30 will also be offered for the London-Edinburgh route on an eco-friendly train from new railway operator London North Eastern Railway. Use promo code GREEN30LOEB for tickets from London to Edinburgh and code GREEN30EBLO for travel from Edinburgh to London; discount available from Dec. 10 to Dec. 23, 2018. For more details on Green Monday promotions, visit raileurope.com/deals.
Travelers using the $575 gift card can choose from many routes for their European rail adventure, such as a three-day rail itinerary for two traveling with a one-country Standard class pass (excluding seat reservations when required.) A number of one-country passes are available at under $250 per person. Those who wish to combine two great cities can take the Eurostar from London to Paris or reverse for well under $500 for two tickets in Standard class and slightly over for two in Standard Premier class. Select Eurail Global Passes can even be purchased for under or just over $500 per person for unlimited travel in 28 countries for the ultimate adventure when combined with the current holiday special of up to 37% off the Eurail Global Pass through Dec. 28, 2018.
Beyond the dollar savings, purchasing rail tickets or gift cards on Green Monday is a way to commit to travel that is more environmentally friendly. Train travel simply is better for the environment than flying or driving. A rail trip from London to Paris on Eurostar “emits 90% less greenhouse gas” than a flight between the two cities. It also “produces less carbon per passenger” than driving by car from central London to Heathrow Airport, according to research from Eurostar.
About Rail Europe
- Rail Europe, in operation since 1932, is a European rail travel distribution company, and the dedicated source for planning and booking European train tickets, passes, and more. Owned by two shareholders, the French National Railroads (SNCF) through VSC Group, and the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), the company has grown to become the leading authority on European train travel worldwide, generating close to half a billion USD in annual sales. The company is headquartered in Paris, France, with offices in the United States, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, China, India, South Korea, and Japan.
Rail Europe makes discovering Europe by train easy, seamless, and memorable, providing:
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
- Unparalleled access to products from more than 50 European train companies.
- Award-winning localized customer care to over 5.5 million travelers per year.
- A unique, user-friendly online booking engine enabling travelers to book in their preferred language and currency.
- Our dedicated team of more than 325 employees serve travelers and travel agents around the globe. For more information or to book a trip with Rail Europe, visit raileurope.com.
Telephone: (203) 826-9627
Cell: (203) 807-1130