The global particle size analysis market is projected to reach USD 405 million by 2022 from USD 314.3 million in 2017, at a CAGR of 5.2%.
The major factors driving the growth of the market include increasing research activities in the field of nanotechnology, technological advancements in particle size analyzers, increasing investment in pharmaceutical R&D, and stringent regulatory guidelines for product quality across industries. However, high import duties on particle size analyzers in developing countries and limitations in the particle characterization range of these instruments are restraining market growth.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
On the basis of type of dispersion, the global particle size analyzers market has been segmented into wet dispersion, dry dispersion, and spray dispersion. In 2017, the wet dispersion segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period in the particle size analysis market.The increasing application of nanoparticles which is mainly analyzed via liquid dispersion is driving the high growth of this market segment.
On the basis of end users in the healthcare industry, the particle size analysis market is segmented into three major segments, namely, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, public and private research institutions, and academic institutions. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2017. This is mainly attributed to factors such as growing government initiatives to support biotechnology research, company initiatives to increase customer awareness about new particle characterization technologies.
Geographically, the particle size analysis market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World. The APAC market is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period. The fast growth of this segment is mainly due to the governments in various Asia Pacific countries are focusing on ensuring high product quality; as particle size analyzers play a significant role in quality control, their demand in the Asia Pacific region is increasing. Moreover, as markets in developed countries are increasingly becoming saturated, manufacturers and suppliers of particle size analysis products are shifting their focus towards the Asian market, thereby driving the growth of this market during the forecast period.
The major players in the market included are Malvern (UK), HORIBA (Japan), and Beckman Coulter (US).
- Increasing Research Activities in the Field of Nanotechnology
- Technological Advancements in Particle Size Analyzers
- Increasing Investments in Pharmaceutical R&D
- Development of Technologically Advanced Instruments Requiring Low Sample Volumes and Preparation Time
- Stringent Regulatory Guidelines for Product Quality Across Industries
- Funding Activities Increasing the Purchasing Power of Research Institutions
- High Import Duties on Particle Size Analyzers in Developing Countries
- Limitations in Particle Characterization Range
- Increasing Number of Conferences and Events
- Emerging Markets
- Lack of Well-Established Distribution Networks Among SMEs
- Limitations of Laser Diffraction Technology
- High Cost of Particle Size Analyzers
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Particle Size Analysis Market, by Technology
7 Particle Size Analysis Market, by Type of Dispersion
8 Particle Size Analysis Market, by Type of Industry
9 Particle Size Analysis Market for the Healthcare Industry, by End User
10 Particle Size Analysis Market, by Region
11 Competitive Landscape
12 Company Profiles
- Agilent Technologies
- Aimsizer (A Subsidiary of Dandong Hmktest Instrument Co., Ltd.)
- Beckman Coulter (Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Bettersize Instruments
- Brookhaven Instruments (A Part of Nova Instruments Corporation)
- Izon Science
- Malvern (A Subsidiary of Spectris)
- Microtrac (Subsidiary of Nikkiso Co., Ltd.)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p32z8x/global_particle?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here