Business News first on FIR:
DUBLIN–()–The “Leisure Travel Market by Traveler Type Sales Channel and Age Group: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
According to this report, the global leisure travel market size was $953.9 billion in 2018, and is projected to reach $1,464.3 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.6% from 2019 to 2026.
Leisure travel is a form of vacation that involves a number of activities ranging from visiting new location, staying in resorts or hotel, experiencing various tourist attractions to going to health clubs and more. People often opt for leisure travel to unwind and experience new cultures, and meet new people.
The leisure travel economy comprises a well-entrenched biosphere of industries including but not limited to logistics, accommodation, food, retail, recreation and other tourism services, Companies, large and small in associated industries continuously strive to create experiences bringing people together, supporting communities and boosting economics of country. Substantial investment on tourism has multiplier effects in the expansion of the economy including infrastructure development, stimulating private investment, aggregating demand, and creating jobs. Tourism offers direct and indirect aid to a nation’s economy. Therefore, it has garnered high attention from the tourism development experts, policy makers, and industry leaders, especially in the developing regions of Asia-Pacific and Africa region.
Recent years have seen paradigm shift towards experience rather than goods. Spending on consumer durables, apparels have faltered; however, experiential spending on recreation, travel, and eating have seen rapid growth. As a result, travel is outpacing the demand for goods. The trend is in sync with growing number of global outbound tourists in the last few years. The robust growth is estimated to continue in future, driven primarily by the expansion of low-cost airlines, government initiatives, and technological advancements.
While expansion in the tourism industry has led to creation of jobs, a proliferation of tour operators, and increased ease in booking accommodation, logistics and services, the growth comes with its own set of unique challenges – economic slowdown, infrastructure, and political tensions, among others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the leisure travel market from 2018 to 2026 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Key Findings of the Leisure Travel Market:
- Asia-Pacific leads in terms of the outbound leisure travel expenditure and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period.
- The group segment was the highest contributor to the market, with $694.6 billion in 2018, and is estimated to reach $1,025.0 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period.
- Based on sales channel, the online sales channel segment accounted for about three-fourth of the global leisure travel market share in 2018, and is expected to grow at the CAGR of 6.0%.
- The generation X and millennials segments collectively accounted for about 67.6% share of the leisure travel market in 2018, with the former constituting around 39.1% share.
- Based on leisure travel market analysis by region, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow with highest CAGR of 7.1%.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits For Stakeholders
1.3. Key Market Segments
1.4. Research Methodology
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings
2.2. CXO Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Market Dynamics
Chapter 4: Leisure Travel Market, By Traveler Type
4.2. Solo Leisure Travel
4.3. Group Leisure Travel
Chapter 5: Leisure Travel Market, By Sales Channel
5.2. Conventional Channels
5.3. Online Channels
Chapter 6: Leisure Travel Market, By Age Group
6.2. Baby Boomers
6.3. Generation X
6.5. Generation Z
Chapter 7: Leisure Travel Market, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
8.1. American Express Travel
8.2. Carlson Wagonlit Travel
8.3. Cox & Kings Ltd
8.4. Expedia Group
8.5. Jtb Usa, Inc.
8.6. Priceline (Booking Holdings Inc.)
8.7. Thomas Cook India Ltd.
8.8. Travel Leaders Group
8.9. Tui Group
8.10. World Travel, Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5indxz
Post your press-release (free) click here.