Four British tourists are arrested in Ibiza over ‘gang-rape’ of 29-year-old UK woman who ‘fell ill in holiday flat after suspect gave her two pills’
- Civil Guard officers held the men the British woman claimed she was attacked
- Two of the four Brits, aged 21 to 30, were remanded in custody yesterday
- The alleged attack is said to have happened in the early hours of Thursday
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
Four British holidaymakers have been arrested in the Ibizan holiday resort of San Antonio on suspicion of gang-raping another tourist.
Civil Guard officers held the men after a 29-year-old Brit claimed she had been sexually attacked at apartments after being fed two pills by one of the suspects when she fell ill.
The female holidaymaker met the men during a night out and went with them to the beach before they headed to the apartments when she complained she was unwell.
Two of the four Brits held, aged 21 to 30, were remanded in custody following a behind-closed-doors court appearance yesterday pending an ongoing criminal probe.
Four British holidaymakers have been arrested in Ibiza (file photo) on suspicion of gang-rape
The two other men were released on bail.
The incident that led to the police being called is said to have happened in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Two Charlton footballers are still under investigation over the alleged Ibiza hotel rape of a 19-year-old British holidaymaker last month.
Striker Reeco Hackett-Fairchild, 20, was allowed to leave the island 10 days ago after having his passport taken away for nearly a month and being forced to miss the start of pre-season training and a friendly against Queens Park Rangers.
Non-footballer Olusola Odejayi, a 26-year-old Brit who also had his passport taken away, has also had his travel ban lifted.
They are now on the same bail conditions as another Charlton striker – Karlan Ahearne-Grant – namely a twice-a-month signing-on at the Spanish Embassy in London.
None of the trio has been charged as is customary in Spain where formal charges are only laid shortly before trial.
A judge who questioned the three men over the June 11 incident at a hotel in Cala de Bou near San Antonio has admitted to ‘reasonable doubts’ a sex attack took place.
Ahearne-Grant is being probed on suspicion of a privacy offence thought to relate to a mobile phone recording he made – but not a sex crime like the other two men.
No date has been set for a decision on whether the trio will face trial or be told the investigation is being dropped.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
Click here to post your own story!