- The most expensive trip insured on squaremouth.com in the past year was $146,496
- The overall average trip cost for U.S. residents in the past year is up to $3,779
- With an average of $5,011, South Carolina residents spent the most per trip, while Arkansas residents spent the least with an average of $2,351
Spending on Travel Insurance Increases Nationwide
Residents from 46 states and D.C. increased the total amount they spent on travel insurance over the past year.
- 9 states saw year-over-year increases of more than 30%
- Alaskan residents spent 50% more on travel insurance in the past year, the largest increase of any state
- Compared to last year, residents of Oklahoma spent the least on travel insurance with a decrease of 10%
Mexico Remains the Top Destination for Most States
Mexico has been the most popular international destination for U.S. travelers every year for the past six years.
- Mexico is the top international destination for travelers from 37 states
- Italy is the second most popular international destination overall
Squaremouth compares travel insurance policies from every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth’s comparison engine and third-party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare insurance products side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com
Available Topic Expert:
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here