Here are just a few of spectacular holiday happenings throughout the Grand Strand:
- From free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, to balloon art, face painting and sweet treats, the Christmas season kicks into full swing with the 14th Annual Christmas Towne on Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017 at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N. Oak Street.
- Decking the halls with traditions of the season, Ripley’s Aquarium once again spreads holiday cheer with its annual Festival of Trees. Featuring nearly 125 beautifully decorated Christmas trees, including one tree for each of the fifty states, such as an 18 feet tall South Carolina tree that features sea shells, magnolias, and golf balls, plus Clemson and USC representation, this cheerful display is sure to put the jolly back into your year! A free scavenger hunt will test your knowledge about each state’s tree. For more information, visit www.RipleyAquariums.com/MyrtleBeach
- With more than 5,500 hand-lit candles and countless sparkling lights, Nights of a Thousand Candles at Brookgreen Gardens is a Grand Strand tradition not to be missed! With warm cider in hand, stroll the lighted paths as you listen to the sounds of hand bells ringing and carolers singing. The 85-foot-tall fir tree decorated with 100,000 lights will be lighted in ceremonial fashion at 5:45 p.m. every night. November 30, December 1-2, 7-9, and 14-17, 2017. For more information, visit www.Brookgreen.org
- The Kaminski House Museum in historic Georgetown, SC is the site for A Very Fashionable Christmas! Nov. 10 – Dec. 29. Enjoy the museum in holiday décor ranging from traditional Christmas decorations to seasonal glitz and glamour! For more information, visit www.KaminskiMuseum.org.
- The Great Christmas Light Show has returned to the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex November 24 – December 31, 2017! The 1.5-mile drive-through light show features roughly two million lights in more than 400 custom made displays, including some as tall as 70 feet. After driving through the show, guests can enjoy s’mores and hot chocolate in Santa’s Village, where they can meet Santa, ride the Santa Express Train, experience the Go Ape lighted tree top adventure, and even ice skate. For more information, visit Parks.NMB.us.
- The tradition lives on as the Calvin Gilmore Theater where the magic of the season comes alive in The Carolina Opry Christmas Special, a dazzling, jolly and sentimental musical celebration of America’s best loved holiday. Dubbed “Father Christmas” by McClatchy papers, Calvin Gilmore produces and directs the show with his usual award-winning flair for production. For more information, visit www.TheCarolinaOpry.com.
- An incredible combination of talent, scenery and special effects make up Alabama Theatre’s award-winning production, The South’s Grandest Christmas Show. A combination of traditional Christmas classics and contemporary holiday favorites, this spectacular holiday musical experience is a Grand Strand family tradition that keeps visitors and locals returning year after year. This year’s show also features comedian Ricky Mokel, who always puts a new twist on the Christmas season. For more information, visit Alabama-Theatre.com.
- A pirate’s “Yo-Ho” meets the season’s “Ho-Ho-Ho!” Combining a classic Christmas tale with a bountiful feast, the Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show puts a swashbuckling spin on a Christmas Carol, November 9 – December 31. The mystical Christmas spirit takes Captain Scrooge through time and space to find the true meaning of Christmas, including a dream where giant toys come to life, performing amazing acrobatics high above the indoor lagoon. Other adventures include a live Nativity featuring the three wise men on camels, as well as an angel with a special message and a comical Christmas castaway and her sea lion companion. For more information, visit PiratesVoyage.com.
- Those seeking something a little off-the-wall during the holidays should check out the Motown Christmas Tribute & Crazy Country Christmas shows at the GTS Theatre. This is an intimate cabaret-style theatre, with very talented performers and a lot of audience interaction. These shows are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. For more information, visit GTSTheatre.com.
Other events include:
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
11/1 – 12/31 – Legends in Concert Holiday Show, Legends in Concert Theater, LegendsinConcert.com
11/ 1 – 1/1 – Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Holiday Show, Medieval Times Castle, MedievalTimes.com
11/18 – Lighting of the Landing & Santa’s Arrival, Barefoot Landing, North Myrtle Beach, Bflanding.com
11/24-31 (excluding 12/25) – The Great Christmas Light Show, North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, Parks.NMB.us
11/24 – Myrtle Beach Boardwalk Tree Lighting, 4-8p.m., Burroughs & Chapin Pavilion Place
11/25 – A Merry MarshWalk Christmas, at Murrells Inlet MarshWalk, MurrellsInletSC.com
11/25 – Annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta Boat Parade, Little River to NMB, christmasregatta.com
11/30, Dec. 7, 14 – Rivertown Christmas Celebrations, Downtown Conway, SC, ConwayAlive.com
11/30 – Conway Tree Lighting, Downtown Conway, ConwayAlive.com
11/30 – Surfside Beach Christmas Tree Lighting, Surfside Beach Town Hall, SurfsideBeach.org
12/2, 9, 16, 23, 30 – Holidays on the Boardwalk, 12-4 p.m. Burroughs & Chapin Pavilion Place
12/1 – Murrells Inlet Christmas Tree Lighting, MurrellsInletSC.com
12/1 – Loris Christmas Celebration & Parade, at Courtyard on Main, Loris, SC, Lorischamber.com
12/2 – 3rd Annual A Very Broadway Christmas, Broadway at The Beach, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/2 – North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade, Main Street, Parks.NMB.us
12/2 – Christmas at The Farm, L.W. Paul Living History Farm, HorryCountyMuseum.org
12/2 – A Very Broadway Christmas, Broadway at The Beach, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/2 – Rivertown Holiday Market, Conway Recreation Center, Conwayparksandrecreation.com
12/2 & 3 – Christmas Cantata, Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, Parks.NMB.us
12/3 – Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade, Wilcox Avenue & U.S. Bus. 17, MurrellsInletSC.com
12/5 – North Myrtle Beach Christmas Tree Lighting, NMB Park & Sports Complex, Parks.NMB.us
12/6-17 – Scrooge The Musical, Theatre of the Republic in Conway, TheatreOfTheRepublic.com
12/7 – Living Window Display, Downtown Conway, ConwayAlive.com
12/7 – Rivertown Christmas Celebration, Downtown Conway, ConwayAlive.com
12/8, 9, 10 – Christmas and All That Jazz, Trinity United Methodist Church, CarolinaMasterChorale.com
12/9 – Surfside Beach Christmas Parade, Ocean Blvd/Surfside Drive, SurfsideBeach.org
12/9 – Conway Chamber Christmas Parade, Downtown Conway, ConwayAlive.com
12/9 – Breakfast with Santa, Hardrock Café, HardRock.com, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/9 – A Starduster’s Afternoon of Holiday Tunes at La Belle Amie Vineyard, LaBelleAmie.com
12/10 – 13th Annual Christmas Towne Myrtle Beach Convention Center, VisitMyrtleBeach.com
12/14 – Rivertown Christmas Celebration, Downtown Conway, ConwayAlive.com
12/16 – Breakfast with Santa at the Hardrock Café, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/16 – Breakfast with Santa at the Golden Egg Restaurant, Surfside Beach, surfsidebeach.org
12/18 – Annual Tree Lighting, The Market Common, MarketCommonMB.com
12/23 – Breakfast with Santa at the Hardrock Café, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/23 – Yuletide Music & Bonfire, La Belle Amie Vineyard, LaBelleAmie.com
12/30 – New Year Bonfire, La Belle Amie Vineyard, LaBelleAmie.com
12/31 – New Year’s Eve Garden by Candlelight Pre-Party, Brookgreen Gardens, Brookgreen.org
12/31 – New Year’s Eve Celebration & Fireworks, Broadway at the Beach, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/31 – Rock-In the New Year, Hard Rock Café, HardRock.com, BroadwayAtTheBeach.com
12/31 – Noon Year’s Eve Party, Children’s Museum of S.C., Myrtle Beach, CMSCKids.org
12/31 – A Southern Times Square, The Market Common, MarketCommonMB.com
And there’s much, much more! From tree lightings to Santa sightings, there is no shortage of holiday cheer in the Myrtle Beach area! Visit visitmyrtlebeach.com for a complete listing of events throughout the season!
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/walk-in-a-myrtle-beach-wonderland-this-holiday-season-300546937.html
SOURCE Visit Myrtle Beach
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here