Travel & Tourism Industry release:
DENVER, March 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — In response to growing water quality concerns, the EPA’s updated Construction Stormwater General Permit (CGP), and mounting interest in Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) certification, this year’s national stormwater pollution prevention conference in Denver, CO, will offer a comprehensive two-day CISEC Registrant Program on August 12 and 13, 2018, for those interested in observing, inspecting, and reporting on environmental compliance.
Not only are construction sites one of the greatest contributors to stormwater pollution, but they also have the highest erosion rates. In order to minimize the environmental impacts, the EPA’s new CGP puts particular emphasis on the role of inspectors of existing construction site sediment and erosion control (S&EC) and stormwater pollutant mitigation methods.
As such, the CISEC Registrant Program is one of the featured pre-conference offerings at this year’s 17th Annual StormCon Conference and Expo, taking place this August in the Colorado Convention Center at the Hyatt Regency Denver.
For those who want to bolster their professional resume and distinguish themselves as a certified inspector, the CISEC program at StormCon will address updated CGP requirements, BMP inspection and report-writing guidelines, and other topics that directly apply to inspectors’ ability to determine sources of stormwater contamination and report on permit compliance.
Led by industry experts Jerry Fifield, Ph.D., CISEC, CPESC, and Tina Evans, PE, CISEC, CPESC, the successful completion of the hands-on CISEC program will depend on a comprehensive understanding of:
- The principles and practices of erosion, sediment, and stormwater pollution control BMPs as well as their associated discharge permit documents
- EPA regulations for inspectors as they apply to Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and S&EC plans
- How to observe onsite and offsite conditions that impact the quality of construction site runoff
- How to inspect BMPs and their ongoing maintenance to determine BMP effectiveness in minimizing unauthorized discharges from active construction sites
- How to write inspection reports and corrective action plans
Registration is open, but space is limited. Discounts are available for groups with five or more participants from the same company or agency.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stormcon-denver-to-offer-inspector-certification-at-the-17th-annual-stormwater-pre-conference-300613319.html
Click here to read the full release with contact information on PR Newswire. Some releases are not in English.
To post and circulate your own press release on FIR and the eTN Network please click here
Comments are closed here.