Air Transat is proud to announce that it has partnered with Daniel Vézina to offer a selection of gourmet meals on its flights, inspired by the signature recipes of the renowned Quebec chef. The Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina, a variety of exclusive dishes carefully crafted by the chef, will be offered to Club Class passengers as of May 1. It will also be available to Economy Class passengers, in limited quantity, on transatlantic flights as of May 1 and on flights to the South as of July 1.
“We are thrilled with this partnership, which allows us to take the inflight experience to new heights and reinforce our role as leader in holiday travel,” says Jean-François Lemay, President-General Manager of Air Transat. “Air Transat stands out for its Club Class, and the Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina is a wonderful addition to the many privileges that characterize this upgrade. In Economy Class, the gourmet meals will surely delight travellers who wish to start or conclude their vacations on a festive and refined note. Daniel Vézina is known for his attention to quality and his desire to make haute cuisine accessible to all, which makes him the best chef to partner with for our brand.”
“I am elated to be collaborating with Air Transat in this exciting challenge: introducing the flavours and presentations that characterize my cuisine into the flight experience,” says Daniel Vézina. “And I would like to acknowledge the support, flexibility and openness of this Quebec airline, which allowed me to create a delicious menu that is in line with my values and quality standards.”
The Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina dishes available for the 2017 summer season are:
- Chicken ragout with lemon zest and seasonal vegetables
- Duck confit lasagna with spinach and a sherry and foie gras emulsion
- Braised leg of lamb with spices, maple syrup and Indian vegetable curry
- Sweet potato gnocchi with red wine bolognese, spinach pesto and Parmesan shavings
- Vegetarian moussaka with grilled vegetables, creamed goat cheese, tomato and red pepper coulis
- Vegan risotto with rice cream, red pepper coulis and diced root vegetables with fennel
The meals created by Daniel Vézina, which will change over the seasons, can be pre-ordered on Air Transat’s website or by calling the booking center.